4.10.08

Reason--Purpose--Self-esteem

I can't think of anything to write that I feel like getting into tonight. If I try any longer, I'm going to be up all night, no joke. So I guess I will leave with a quote tonight by one of my fictional heroes, John Galt, from the book Atlas Shrugged.

"My morality, the morality of reason, is contained in a single axiom: existence exists--and in a single choice: to live. The rest proceeds from these. To live, man must hold three things as the supreme and ruling values of his life: Reason--Purpose--Self-esteem. Reason, as his only tool of knowledge--Purpose, as his choice of the happiness which that tool must proceed to achieve--Self-esteem, as his inviolate certainty that his mind is competent to think and his person is worthy of happiness, which means: is worthy of living."

I want to go deeper into this quote and explain why it is so good to me. So good that I chose to have these three values as my subtitle in my blog, but that will be for another night. I need to try and get to sleep. Good Night :)

No comments: