2.10.08

Sacrificial Integrity

So as I was thinking about something that happened today that I wanted to expound on, something FINALLY came to mind...as I was listening to The Black Keys, Your Touch song...if you don't know the black keys you have to GET to know them! Best thing since Jimi Hendrix, but anyways, something that I thought about today was how sometimes I feel like I get myself into a Christian Bubble. Not the Christian bubble as you would think though. My kind of Christian bubble is one in which I only show love and let down my guard like I don't have anything to hide or protect or whatever.

I feel that sometimes, I think because of the way I grew up, that around outsiders, I have to keep up my guard and watch for things that those people might be doing to make me compromise my morals or my character and maybe put me into a bad situation. Where this is a good idea to have, I feel that once I've reached a certain familiarity with the person, and they know exactly how I stand on certain issues and they respect me for the man of character I try to be, I feel that then it should be my job to initiate TRUE relationship with them.

Not compromising my integrity, but putting it aside as a sacrific to relate to someone who, otherwise, would not be able to relate.

I don't know if this makes ANY sense whatsoever, or if I'm just COMPLETELY not explaining this very well, but that is just something I felt today. I feel that I need to start showing some of the same love I do to my Christian friends to my other friends.

No comments: