18.12.08

Confidence

01 DEC 2008

So today we did unarmed combatives which is pretty much wrestling moves. It was the most fun yet! We learned a bunch of different dominate positions to get the upper hand on opponents as as some choke holds and arm bars. I went a few matches with some people, but I lost each time..... 0-3 I'm afraid :( BUT hopefully we get to do it more often so that I can get some practice! One of the guys messed up my head pretty bad. I have some cuts on my forehead and on the side of my head and so on, but I am ok :P That's probably the closest to fight club I'm going to get. All in all, so far I love it here. I don't have any guilt; When I would sleep in late like when I lived in ATL because there is too much accountability in the army to let things slide. That accountability thing goes for A LOT more things as well. That is just an example for you guys but everything in the Army is based on accountability. I would recommend the military to anyone wanting to make change in their life. Aleast so far. We'll see if I still feel this way in the next six years.

Well, the top paragraph was written in the 1st at the beginning of last week and not it's the 7th on Sunday night. I haven't been writing very much because I lost my stamps :( But I 've recieved some letters from you guys and that makes me happy :) Because one, I know you all finally got my address, and two, you guys actually took the time to write me! Hopefully I'll be able to get some at the PX soon or borrow a few from some friends :x Anways, other things that happened this week was we went to the confidence courae which is a hige area of different height challenges I guess you would call them? The first one we did was this 5 story tower that me and 3 other people on my team of 4 had to climb up and then climb back down. Not only did we have to do that, but we also had to do it without any harness! If any of us fell, we we're pretty much screwed. It was like that for all of them. Luckly we managed to do it, and my team did it with some ease actually. The next challenge we had was the Victory slide. We climbed up a cargo net and had to walk over a log in the middle of the air to an overgrown ladder and then climbed up higher to a cable where we were hooked up and then zip lined down to the ground. The 3rd one we did was the inclined rope decend and we had to climb up and then zip lined down to the ground.The 3rd one we did ws the inclined rope decend and we had to climb up an oversized ladder again and there was a rope that was up an oversized ladder again and there was a rope that was up at the top. It stretched probably a good 20' downwards at probably a 30 or 45 degree angle or so and we hung upside down on it and worked our way down it. That one was the handout for me, but I was still able to do it! Those were the only ones we had time to complete because we have quite a few people in our platoon who don't really belong in the Army I don't think :x The next day we had a bayonett training and then the next day we had some team building exercises and then we ran a whole lot on the other day. But I'm running out of room on this page and the running out of time beofre lights out as well so I'll talk about that stuff later. Hope you all are doing well and P.S. Atlanta, I'll be spending New Years with all you guys so make some time to see me! I'll be there the 30th thought the 2nd!!

-M

No comments: