19.9.08

The Titanspark Requiem

I've decided to start an official blog. There. I've done it. The easy part is over and it wasn't even all that easy. I had a time thinking of the name for my blog and after sitting here for a bit listening to Brand New, flipping through some of my favorite movies, books, music, and video games, thinking of different quotes from each, thinking of similarities AND differences between them all and how to connect them all to my blog while still keeping MY thoughts and MY interpretations of these ideas as original as what I would like to think of them to be, I have decided on the name, "The Titanspark Requiem."

For my first blog, I would like to explain the significance of this title as it pertains to me. First, Titanspark, a mixture between the words titan and spark. A titan, as defined by the Oxford American Dictionary, is a person or thing of very great strength, intellect, or importance. A spark, defined by the same dictionary, is a small fiery partical thrown off from a fire. As a young man who has willingly decided to dedicate his life to a man and his teachings, in hopes of the promises he has made about eternal life, in believing that he truly IS
the way, the truth, and the light to our father, God, I hope to be a spark resembling that fire, resembling that titan, the man, the God, Jesus Christ. Requiem, as defined, is an act or token of rememberance. I want this blog to be both an act and a token for that rememberance of my commitment to being the Titanspark, a disciple of Jesus.

My hopes for this blog is for you to read this and be inspired. Inspired to take steps into a deeper faith. One that is personal, living, breathing, painful, beautiful, and loving. Whatever that might look like to you personally. This blog is about what it looks like to me. I'm just as messed up as you are, if not worse. I'm not claiming to have any answers for any of your questions. But I am promising that there is more to the Christian faith than what our culture in America has come to know. I've started to experience it. And it has completely messed my life up.

No comments: