20.9.08

Least of These

So I found myself thinking throughout the day about the people who I consider hard to love.

For me these are the incompetent people who feel that the world owes them something for them just being them. The people who no matter how hard you try, you can't seem to talk to them without getting into an argument about something. The people who just won't stop nagging or,
to use an old saying, won't stop "beating a dead horse." And then the last one, one that has just started to enter into this category, people who practice the art of pull. These are the people who use favors or other types of "gifts" against you to make you feel guilty or to make you feel obligated or make you feel like you owe them something.

I think what got me started thinking about this was while making lunch today, my cousin had the T.V. on and tuned into the Murry show and it had people on there in hopes of finding out test results to see who the true father of various women's babies were. It broke my heart first to see these people on there not knowing anything different on how skewed their lives were and second, that we actually find people like this entertaining instead of feeling a dire need to help them find something deeper. My next thoughts were then, how in the world do you love someone like the types of people these people are? What does that even look like? How would they even begin a journey into Christianity, when for all you can see, they would already be too far gone to ever understand anything about what it means for them to be a Christian?

God loves these broken people. What does it look like for us to prove that to them?


1 comment:

jonese said...

Maybe it's just me but if we are striving to prove our love to / for them then we are trying to hard. I personally think that is the problem with a lot of christians. they try SOOO HARD to show they love everyone and everything that it comes off as fake or forced.