21.9.08

masquerade

It pisses me off that sometimes I feel like the only Christian with problems. I know I'm not...the bible teaches me differently. But that still leaves all these Christians running around our churches week after week seeming to not have a care in the world. I wish that maybe once a month we could have a Sunday where it was all about getting our anger and frustration out as worship to God. Where we could all just go there...maybe have a worship band up there who sounded like Norma Jean or Underoath, and we could mosh and sweat and praise a God who is DEFINITELY the one...being...object? that can handle some of our rage as a people. I feel that this would help us to first, find people who we relate to the most through our pains and learn from each other on how to handle certain things. Then two, we would be able to just unwind a bit. Chill out. Let God take our angers and pains away so that people wouldn't have to be at the recieving end of it all. I have just a bit under two hours until church starts and I can't say I'm feeling it at all. I definitely won't be having a friendly face on tonight I'm afraid.

"18I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. 20For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21that[i] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

22We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? 25But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will."

Romans 8:18-27

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear what you are saying. I could say much but I won't. :-) Here is quote I just read that I thought you might be encouraged by.

“Genuine trust involves allowing another to matter and have impact in our lives. For that reason, many that hate and do battle with God trust Him more deeply than those whose complacent faith permits an abstract and motionless stance before Him. Those who trust God most are those whose faith allows them to risk wrestling with Him over the deepest questions of life. Good hearts are captured in a divine wrestling match; fearful, doubting hearts stay clear of the mat. The commitment to wrestle will be honored by a God who will not only break, but bless."