18.10.08

Iron

I think I'm discovering a pattern here. It seems the more I try to fix my problems, the more problems I start to have and the more my problems start to swallow me whole. It is only when I include others into my problems that I seem to slowly overcome my problems.

Accountability is a wonderful thing. We can say we need to do this or we need to start doing that, but until we actually find something to basically force us to do it, nothing is going to change. Believe it. We all pretty much suck and we need to start recognizing that we are so lucky that God has blessed us with friends in our lives. That God is willing to BE a friend in our lives.

I would encourage you to start being that friend to someone. The friend who encourages and holds their friends to a higher standard than what they hold themselves. You might just be lucky enough to start getting it back in return. I know that I seem to get it back when I need it the most. Every one of my friends are very dear to me and I wouldn't trade any of the time I've spent with each of you for anything else.

On the opposite side of this though, DO NOT go around pointing out everyone's faults. No one likes a self righteous punk. The way I see it, if your trying to hold your friends to a higher standard, you better be trying your hardest to get them to do it to you as well. Iron sharpens Iron. We have to be the same. We need to both be Iron.

Thanks for helping me to become a better me everyone.

This life is too hard to do it alone. Stop trying.

No comments: