11.11.08

desperate america part II

I just looked back and reread this and I think some people might get a little confused on the meaning of what I just wrote about the people in Africa :X

I didn't mean for that at all to sound like our problems are worse than what the people in Africa have to deal with, which is kind of what it might sound like, but I was more trying to illustrate a point of this verse...

Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? Matthew 7:3

With this, I feel that we as American's look at their problems and think we have to go help them and fix them and try and teach them to be more like us, when I don't really think that us trying to "help" them out in this way is what they really need. Just wanted to clear that up. I'm not really good at rereading my stuff before I post it :X

I prolly won't do it for this one either. Nope. I'm going to publish this right now :P

No comments: