24.9.08

7|22

So I was kind of thinking about what was said at 7|22 tonight and what has been said in the past at 7|22 and its cool and all...but I'm scared that the message might be taken the wrong way just like many church messages are taken. 7|22 seems to want to be VERY mission minded as in wanting to go out and change the world and bring people to Christ and blah blah blah...which is a very good thing. But I feel there is more to the message than just this. I feel in being able to do this, you have to be continually seeking Jesus in a personal very closely knit, relational way. I feel that the only way you're going to be able to know for sure if your heart is currently in the correct place for such a big responsibility is through accountability and through having men or women very close to you who can see what needs to be addressed and what needs to be worked on.

I don't really EVER feel this is the case at Buckhead Church. Maybe this is just because I have found it so hard to find some men in the church here to do this with and am still struggling with having men up to the task of this, and I hope that I am the only one who is having this problem, but I don't think that is the case. I feel that BECAUSE Buckhead Church is a "Church for people who don't like Church" and because it is a church of very young faith amongst its believers, that we as a congregation do not even know that this is the sort of stuff we need to be effective at loving others outside our walls.

My point to all this is how would you know this type of stuff if you weren't told? You wouldn't. Its not like while your reading your bible during your quiet time you can just read a verse and it just pop into your head...I need accountability to effectively love someone else! erecka! And I don't think that we put enough emphasis on that importance of personal accountability and integrity and the responsibility we have to let the Holy Spirit pour into us so that when we do have the chance to pour into the lives of others, we aren't spiritually dried up and just simply going through the motions of Religion that too many of us are familiar when it comes to trying to trying to invite a friend to church or have that discussion about Jesus with our outsider friends. Because we learned about it this summer at 7|22 and we have to recognize it...they like Jesus, but they don't like the Church.

No comments: