23.9.08

I lied

Today at work I lied to my manager. I don't know why I did it. I don't know any reason whatsoever why I did it besides the fact that it got me out of having to pay him $5. Now this is ridiculous because I'll tell you why...

For $5, I compromised my integrity to where now, my word can't even mean the same thing to me yet alone it meaning the same to that manager personally, yet alone all the other managers that he asked around about to see if I WAS telling the truth or not.

For $5, I started my day off HORRIBLY where the whole, prolly first hour, I was just thinking about it and letting it dwell, I was scared to say other things in fear that I would be cornered into having to make up other lies so I didn't really speak to anyone at the beginning.

In the end, I ended up telling him and giving him $5, so I could salvage what dignity I had left and feel like a man again instead of a coward. So really, I didn't even get the $5 this was about. Sucks doesn't it? I don't know...I feel better now though I guess? Hopefully he finds it in him to forgive me and forget about this little mishap. But at least the burden of this is off my shoulders. And that is a good thing. I don't handle stuff like that very well.

No comments: